Team Stum

Team Stum

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vee update

AIAA (our agency) as an employee in Bangalore right now, and she was so kind to deliver the build-a-bear we made for Vee. Here’s her take on his reaction:

The gift for V was a HUGE hit. After the first day I’m sure the caretakers were hoping that the battery doesn’t go forever. He carried the bear everywhere and continually played the message. This was so very cute.

The photos are priceless! She captured his reaction as he realized the foot had a message from us--hilarious. I'm sorry I can't post these; they are so stinking cute! His smile is enormous and there's such a sweet gleam in his eyes.

And now for more evidence that he is indeed a Stum:
This child is a total character.
• … This did not make him happy and he stood on the other side of the door and sobbed loudly.
• This little guy wins the hearts of everyone who meets him. V loves attention and he seems to always get it. He has personality plus.
• V is a very cuddly child. Once he knows you he plops in your lap and settles right in.
• “A” tells me he is often an obedient little guy who listens well. On the other hand on the days he is restless, he tends not to listen just wants to play.
• When he knows he is the center of attention, he does his best to show off his skills at whatever task they are doing.
• V is very talkative now.

The entire report was so encouraging, but this portion gave us such hope for him:
Having the opportunity to just sit back and enjoy his antics was a delight. Everyone at Ashraya loves him so much that his antics only bring smiles. Because he had medical concerns that worried everyone initially and because he was initially slower to meet his developmental milestones, everyone was very concerned about his future. As a result, his incredible development at this time has surprised and delighted everyone and he is somewhat of a miracle to them. He is the child they refer to right now when talking about having the opportunity to give children the time, encouragement and stimulation they need to make a difference.

This little guy seems to be thriving, and he’s fully aware that he has parents coming for him. How we wish the process could hurry up, but we’re just trusting that God will use this time to prepare him and prepare us. Our hearts are so full!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting. These reports are wonderful aren't they! Soon you all will b together and the waiting will be a distant memory. We're so happy for you all and Vee!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness! I'm missing sweet Vee so much, I can't imagine how much you all are!! The bear is a wonderful idea! I'm snagging that one! God has begun an amazing work in him --- can't wait to watch it grow!! Love you guys!!

Leigha said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet the little guy. I love how God fits families together.
Love, Leigha

Gillian said...

Sweet little miracle man!!!! Such delight to "see" Vee's little personality in this post!!
I can't believe Richard was so close to you all the other day--!!
Lots of love to you, Gillian

Brooke said...

Oh I am so thrilled you got a first hand report of his reaction to your gift. So much of the time waiting is spent wondering about what your kiddo is doing, it is nice to have somebody tell you! I can't wait to see pictures of your little sweetie again ;)

A Stafford said...

How wonderful! That is Vee to a T! Glad to hear he is continuing to make developmental progress. It really makes me wish I were with him again- he was so snuggly on my lap while at the same time always looking like he was up to something- and I know your desire to be with your son is a hundred times mine.

A friend just asked me yesterday, that with all the waiting and challenges and emotional stress of our adoption, would I do it again. And of course, I would. I know it's tough now, but the payoff is priceless. Every day with Anju is like seeing a miracle continue to unfold. Praying that you will be together soon!

Kelly said...

This update made my heart smile...know you remain in my prayers..