We met Jake's college bff, Hatty (I don't think boys call each other that, but I'm the author here), for lunch on Friday. His wife, Amanda, and their cutie pie son, Micah, joined us, too. They are a sweet family and the boys hit it off within minutes.
Dosen & Micah being so still after lunch... ha!
Luke is a pro at the big bro thing.
So my birthday was the 10th, but our little fam was scattered over 3 states.
Luke planned a "party" for me weeks ago. He first insisted that I have a Barbie party, but chose this motif instead. He also thought my party would be like his with lots of friends, so he intended to have art stations and activities for me. How sweet. I think he was disappointed that it was just us and my parents!
Puff Daddies help with the candles. Honey & Papa are in the background. They NEVER sit still for photos!
I never, ever get tired of the Varsity. I have the best memories there, especially with my dad when he worked in downtown Atlanta. When Jake suggested it for lunch on our way home to TN, I jumped at the chance.
Waiting on our food...
I don't know if he was tired or what, but he loved sitting so quietly by the window.
You wanna kiss that face don't you?
Oh me, this truck was THE highlight of our trip back to Cleveland. Who knew people from Florida had such an affection for lions? Please note the intricacies of this car mural. I really wanted to interview the drivers because I was fascinated by their obvious commitment.
6 comments:
Luke and Claire need to start their own party planning business. I foresee great success.
you are having an awesome summer! let me know how all that paperwork is coming for sweet baby vee!!!
you can always plan a trip to visit good ole franklin!
Belated Happy Birthday, Merica!
You should have totally had that Barbie party with art activities...that would have been AWESOME! I hope you did have a GREAT birthday though.
Happy Belated Birthday Merica!
Let me know if you ever have a Varsity craving because we can carpool together. An old friend lives in Buckhead and has invited us to all these "fancy" establishments. All I really want is a chili dog from the Varsity. "What you have?"
I'm kinda disturbed and delighted at the lioness with the cubs tail in her mouth...looks like she is using it like a straw...
Post a Comment